- This website privacy statement is designed to be published on the End Ecocide on Earth website.
- This website privacy statement is designed to give general information, seeking to meet the requirements of the GDPR, to individuals whose personal data End Ecocide on Earth collects in their capacity as visitor our website.
This privacy statement sets out the basis on which we will process any personal information that we may collect about you as a visitor to the End Ecocide on Earth website or recipient of our newsletter.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you give us: This is information about you that you give to us by: (i) making use of our website and the options on our website (e.g. in the event you would sign a petition or make donation), (ii) subscribing to the receipt of updates by email, (iii) contacting us for information or help, (iv) signing your name on a list of signatures, (v) becoming a donor via other ways than the internet, (vi) participating in our campaigns, (vii) responding to any survey on this website, or (viii) providing information through third party websites or apps provided that you explicitly gave your consent to the applicability of this privacy statement through such third party website or app. It may include, for example, your name, address, email address or telephone number.
- Information that our website and other systems collect about you:
- If you visit our website third parties (Google Analytics) will collect some information about you and your visit, such as your browser type and version and the pages on our site that you visit. Google Analytics will not collect the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet.
- Our website may also download “cookies” to your device – this is described in our cookie statement (below).
- If you exchange emails, telephone conversations or other electronic communications (including comments on this website) with members our team or, as the case may be, electronic communication means on third party websites or apps – information technology systems will record details of those conversations, sometimes including their content.
- Information that third parties collect about you on our website by performing actions: This is information about you that you give to third parties (such as Facebook, Google and Twitter) by making use of the social network sharing buttons and widgets available on our website.
- Information that third parties collect about you on our website by browsing it: This is information about you recorded / tracked by third parties just by making use of the website itself, such as navigating from one page to another (this event will be tracked) or by viewing an embedded Facebook video (if you are logged into Facebook) .
The use of your information we collect
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to make your actions known on our website and to third parties. For example, your name may appear together with your comments on our website. To inspire others to take action, we may also show your name and a summary of what you have just done on our website, for instance, if you sign a petition or make a donation.
- to send you updates and alerts by email, mail, instant messaging, push notifications or telephone.
We will only process your personal information as necessary for the purposes described above.
Retention and deletion of your information
End Ecocide on Earth intends to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. We will delete the information that we hold about you when we no longer need it. We will retain your information for no longer than 7 years after our most recent communication with you, after which it will be deleted or anonymised, unless we have a legal obligation to retain it for a longer period. Contact us for more information.
You may have a right of access to the personal information that we hold about you, and to some related information, under data protection law.
- You can also require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted.
- You can object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances.
If you would like us to remove your information from our mailing list, you can click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email we sent to you or contact us as set out below.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the body regulating data protection in your country (details are available here ).
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. Our donation pages are secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the Internet in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering, or message forgery.